Dear CC Alumni, Faculty, Staff, and Students,
We are writing to request that you please change your CC network password (the one you use to log into campus computers and CC email).
Because of recent IT security problems like the Heartbleed vulnerability, Internet Explorer flaws, and data breaches at Target and other companies, it is important to reset passwords just in case they were compromised. Confidential data like email or grades is only as secure as the passwords protecting it.
We have a new Self-Service Reset Password Management tool (SSRPM) at https://www.coloradocollege.edu/reset. You can also find it by typing “reset” into the CC website search box. The first time you use SSRPM, you must enroll in the service. The enrollment step establishes security questions the system uses to verify your identity and let you reset your password, even if you later forget it.
Help and more information
- See our video guide for enrolling in SSRPM.
- If you would like help coming up with a new password, please see our Password Standards.
- Remember that after your password changes, you will likely need to update it in a few places, such as your connection to tigernet2 or your smart phone’s email configuration. While that may be a hassle, choosing a strong password — and changing it regularly — is one of the best ways to protect yourself against identity theft and other malicious attacks
- See our video guide for troubleshooting wireless on a Mac. Most of the time your Mac will reconnect fine after a password reset, but occasionally there are problems.
- Contact ITS: at 719.389.6449, firstname.lastname@example.org, or @itsatcc for assistance.
In the future
Starting Block 1 block break this fall, the college will enforce password expirations. Passwords will remain valid for 6 months, after which you will need to change them again. We suggest changing your password ahead of time since that way you can reset your password on your own if you ever forget it. Besides being a good general IT security practice, password expiration also satisfies recommendations from the college’s auditors.
We are working on a single sign-on process that will allow you to use the same username and password to reach multiple services such as Banner, Canvas, and email. That system will be available this summer, and we look forward to introducing it soon!
As always, please call, visit, tweet, or email us with questions or ideas. Thank you!